INTRODUCTION TO RELIGIOUS LIFE (Only Available as an E-book)
INTRODUCTION TO RELIGIOUS LIFE
A Journey of Fath and Service
Author: Friar Guy Lespinay, OP
First Printed: 12-08-2014
|Only available as an E-book|
|Amazon Kindle||Apple Book||Nook Book|
Religious life is one of the oldest forms of consecrated life in the Church and remains relevant in contemporary society. This book presents religious life as a personal commitment to following Christ in imitation of the first Christian communities, either in a monastic order or an apostolic institute.
This work will be especially helpful for:
- those who feel called to religious life;
- priests and laity who want to learn more about this vocation;
- those involved in religious life formation;
- family and friends of religious who desire to better understand why some choose this path;
- vocation directors in religious communities.
About the Author: Friar Guy Lespinay, OP, a native of Canada, spent many years in France as Formation Director of Dominican students. In this role he has been able to compare different form of religious life and various methods of forming candidates for religious life. He himself was a latecomer to the Dominican Order, having entered at the age of 45. After his priestly ordination in 1984, he served as chaplain at the University of Montreal and founded the Benoit-Lacroix Center of Studies for pastoral service.
Book: 144 pages
Prod. Code: 1375-4